We’re celebrating the tidal Schuylkill River’s autumn fish migration with our annual fishing derby, plus performances, storytelling, and crafts.
All activities take place at the Bartram’s Garden Community Boathouse, unless otherwise noted.
Free and open to the public! No advance registration is required.
Fishing Derby 8AM-12PM:
- Catch and release only. No fishing license required.
- One rod per person.
- You may use your own rod, bait, and tackle, or you may borrow our equipment. We have 30 rods and tackle boxes available for free loan. Free worms available for bait.
- Waiver and registration must be completed upon arrival.
- All ages and abilities welcome. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Prizes will be distributed at noon.
River Days Performances & More:
- 10AM-3PM Vendors & craft activities
- 12:30-1:15PM Performance by We Are the Seeds dance troupe
- 1:30-2:15PM Storytelling with Tchin
- 1:00-4:00PM Mother Tongue: Cob Oven Presentation with Misty Sol (at Sankofa Community Farm)
- Land-based artworks by Sarah Kavage & Misty Sol
QUESTIONS? Contact Danielle at 215-729-5281 ext. 113 or email@example.com.
RAIN DATE: October 3
This event is part of River Days, a month-long recreational event series hosted by the Alliance for Watershed Education of the Delaware River and supported by The William Penn Foundation.
As of July 30, 2021, Bartram’s Garden again requires that all people wear masks in all of our indoor spaces. To help limit the spread of COVID, please follow the current City of Philadelphia guidelines for visiting an outdoor public space.